New Borland JBuilder 2005 Provides Developers with Comprehensive Tool to Reduce Complexities of Java Development and Optimize Software Performance
"As one of the recognized leaders in software development and Java, we understand the need for tools that simplify and improve the development process yet still offer the industrial-strength capabilities needed for enterprise applications," said George Paolini, vice president and general manager of developer tools at Borland. "JBuilder is today's best selling Java IDE because it meets this unique blend of needs."
As the most recent version of the Borland award-winning IDE, JBuilder 2005 includes the following new and improved features:
- Integrated performance management capabilities -- JBuilder 2005 now includes an integrated performance management suite enabling developers to build higher quality and higher performing applications that reduce risk of failure. This is especially important with the advancement of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). JBuilder 2005 offers full J2EE component level profiling with Borland. Optimizeit(TM) Request Analyzer, in addition to Borland. Optimizeit(TM) Profiler, Borland. Optimizeit(TM) Code Coverage and Borland. Optimizeit(TM) Thread Debugger.
- Support for JavaServer Faces (JSF) and Web applications -- JSF support in JBuilder is integrated into the full development cycle, accelerating development of Web interfaces without forcing developers to lose control over their code.
- Support for the latest Java standards -- JBuilder 2005 supports JDK 5.0, J2EE 1.4, and other new Java technologies to help simplify and accelerate adoption of the latest Java innovations, including Web Services.
- Features for improving software quality and security -- JBuilder 2005 includes new audit capabilities to detect common coding errors and violations of recommended coding practices. A new Fortify Software. security plug-in for JBuilder also examines the code for security flaws during the development process.
- Expanded integration with the Borland ALM solutions -- JBuilder 2005 offers more seamless integration with Borland CaliberRM and Borland StarTeam to provide direct access to requirements and software configuration management for better team collaboration. Team productivity is further improved with new distributed refactoring that enables refactoring information and history to be shared among team members and across projects. JBuilder 2005 also has enhanced integration with other leading SCM solutions and a new integration with the Subversion version control system.
Fortify Software also released a supporting press release:Fortify Software Delivers Integrated Software Security Tool to Millions of Java Developers
"Our relationship with Fortify is about delivering secure Java to Borland's enterprise Java development community. For organizations in financial services, healthcare, defense and government especially, Fortify's 'inside-out' value add into J2EE development can mitigate risk in offshoring and outsourcing, as well as in drive new levels of quality into enterprise applications," said Boz Elloy, senior vice president of software products, Borland Software Corporation. "Borland knows enterprise Java development -- we've been the leader in this market for several years. We feel it's paramount to integrate automatic security checks into developers' coding processes to catch flaws at their origin, before they can be exploited or cause damage. Fortify Software's success in enterprise software security makes them an ideal partner for integration with the development environment that supports millions of Java developers worldwide."