Embarcadero Announces Release Updates for RAD Studio, C++Builder and Delphi
Version 10.1 includes IoT and user interface enhancements along with new features and bug fixes
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Embarcadero Technologies (recently acquired by IDERA), a leading provider of software solutions for application development, today released the 10.1 versions of RAD Studio™, C++Builder® and Delphi®. The updated products, dubbed “10.1 Berlin,” feature an array of new and enhanced capabilities, including significant Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity improvements and new, multi-device preview options to greatly increase developer productivity.
In March, Embarcadero announced its strategy to focus product and engineering resources exclusively on the developer tools market. The 10.1 Berlin release, which is being launched globally today at a live event in Berlin, Germany, embodies this strategy shift.
10.1 Berlin expands developers’ ability to use a single codebase to rapidly develop applications for any device, while FireUI enhancements allow multiple device previews in real time. This version provides core technology enhancements such as the GetIt Package Manager that make it easier to create components and extensions for Embarcadero’s large partner ecosystem. This is especially important to develop and support a broad range of IoT-connected applications.
“10.1 Berlin is an important milestone for Embarcadero and demonstrates our commitment to developers,” stated Atanas Popov, general manager of Embarcadero. “We are the choice for developers that want to build amazingly fast, reusable code that is platform independent. Our ability to support enterprise strong applications at radically competitive prices is unmatched.”
New Features and Benefits
- New FireUI Capabilities – FireUI multi-device preview allows developers to visually build mobile and desktop applications and customize them at design time for different form factors and operating systems. FireUI app preview lets developers see their FireMonkey application on iOS, Android, OSX and Windows targets as they are designing it, with changes made in the FMX designer shown in real time.
- Broad IoT Connectivity – Core technology enhancements to Embarcadero ThingWare™, ThingConnect™ and ThingPoints™ empower developers to easily add IoT connectivity to their apps, including more Bluetooth, BLE, Wi-Fi and Android wear support and features. GetIt libraries provide access to turn off-the-shelf and custom IoT smart devices, sensors and wearables into easy-to-use API components.
- New Installer – Makes installation and trial a more seamless, trouble-free experience, reducing start-up time from hours to just minutes. Customers can install as much or as little as they want, with additional features that can be added later or whenever needed.
- Native Platform Enhancements – Improvements in native toolchain and platform components include compiler, libraries, FireMonkey, VCL, Windows 10 and mobile. Compilers comprise seven Object Pascal and seven C++ compilers, including CLANG 3.3 and complete C++ 11 language support.
- Enterprise Strong – Optimized enterprise database access and enterprise service architecture accelerate the development and deployment of cross-platform applications across multiple desktop, mobile, cloud and database platforms.
The 10.1 Berlin versions of RAD Studio, C++Builder and Delphi are now available for download at: https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/how-to-buy. For any additional information, please contact the Embarcadero sales team or authorized reseller partners.
Embarcadero tools are built for elite developers who build and maintain the world’s most critical applications. Our customers choose Embarcadero because we are the champion of developers, and our tools help them build more secure and scalable enterprise applications faster than any others on the market. In fact, ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero’s award-winning products. To learn more, visit www.embarcadero.com.
for Embarcadero Technologies
David Gibbs, 512-826-0754