Here are 10 quick SQL Server tips and tricks for DBAs compiled by SQL Server expert Pinal Dave.
- RAISERROR in the format RAISERROR integer 'string' is discontinued from SQL Serevr 2012.
- SQL Server should be behind the firewall not exposed to Internet.
- We can check the network packet size, by querying the system catalog view sys.confiurations.
- Audited events can be written to the audit log by using the new sp_audit_write procedure.
- SQL Server error logs can reveal a great deal of information about your server.
- Use "allow only encrypted connections" only if needed for end-to-end encryption of sensitive sessions.
- Enable only the optional features that you will immediately use.
- The tcp/ip packet consists of a header that is at least 20 bytes in size.
- The header of the ping packet is 28 bytes plus the size of the buffr you specify.
- In the event of a system crash, indirect checkpoints provide potentially faster, more predictable recovery time.
Try the premier cross-platform database administration solution today
Embarcadero® DBArtisan® is the premiere database administration toolset helping DBAs maximize availability, performance and security across multiple DBMSs. This essential toolset consistently boosts productivity, streamlines routine tasks, and reduces errors.