When I try to use FDExplorer to "Import BDE Aliases", I get the error: "BDE driver [Standard] is not supported".
I guess I must be missing something, but what?
I really am trying to get my programs off the BDE but I can't seem to get a FireDAC connection set up.
When I get to select Drive ID, the only options in the list are:
ADS, FB, IB, IBLite, MSACC, MySQL, PG, SQLite
No ODBC option
For whatever it's worth:
In BDE Admin, under Configuration | ODBC, I do see "Microsoft Paradox Driver".
1) Create a new VCL project
2) on Form1 add a single TFDConnection
3) double click on this TFDConnection
4) Select DriveID to be "ODBC"
5) Now in the ODBC Driver entry, can you select "MS Driver for Paradox" ?
6) Assuming you can, enter the full path to your Paradox database directory in the "Database" box
7) close down the configuration window
8) go to the properties of the TFDConnection
9) click on "Connected" - this will bring up a password dialog (on our test I have no password protection so just click on OK). The connected check box in the properties should now say "true".
10) Now you can add a TFDQuery to your form
11) It will have the property: connection already set to your TFDConnection
12) Double click on the TFDQuery to bring up the query editor
13) in the SQL tab enter the following
SELECT * FROM yourtablename
14) click on Execute and you will see all the contents of the table.
I have just done this with a paradox database on a Win 7 PC using C++ Builder and it all works as described.
Note: you may want to use the connection wizard (button on the TFDConnection configuration form) as this also sets up ODBC Advanced string which has additional options that can apply to FireDAC ODBC Paradox.
Hope this helps get you started.
On my Windows 7 computer (where Delphi Berlin 10.1 is installed), in the Administrative Tools, Data Sources (ODBC) there is no Paradox option. On my Windows 10 computer (no Delphi), there are Paradox options.
Thanks for any help.
What database table type are you trying to interface to? (DBase? Paradox? Access?)