ILINK32 error LME288 / LME200

Hi,

Last few days I cannot get any program to run anymore. The only message I get is something like below with C++builder 10.2; with 10.1 the error code was LME288. All kind of ' solutions' are mentioned when googling, but nothing works for me longer than a few minutes.

Is there an official recommendation by Embarcadero how to deal with this? That would be my last try before I have to switch to another brand compiler :-(

Best regards, Robert Jan

[ilink32 Warning] Warning: C:/Users/RJK/Documents/Embarcadero/Studio/Projects/Splitview/Win32/Debug/SplitView.ils: 0x00040000 / 0x08000000

[ilink32 Warning] Warning: unknown heap name   : 0x08000000 / 0x08000000

[ilink32 Warning] Warning: Error detected (LME200)

Failed

Responses (17)
  • Accepted Answer

Sunday, November 12 2017, 04:37 PM - #Permalink

news for despaired:

as You know (because there is no new answers in this subject) - solution is: DISABLE INCREMENTAL LINKING

The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Thursday, August 17 2017, 04:51 AM - #Permalink

I had the same problem and I use Bitdefender too. I solved the problem in simple way. I've just added the ilink32 in the list of programs not evaluated by bitdefender. You can see below.Bitdefender - files exclusion

• Accepted Answer

Friday, August 04 2017, 11:25 AM - #Permalink

This "problem" has existed for quite some time going back at least to XE3 that I know of. Just installed XE10 still happens!!

does seem to be related to Anti-Virus. Use to use AVG,  newest computer came with McAfee differing LME errors 287 and 200 most often.

Turn off the Live Scanner and the Linker Errors go away. Noted that others describe similar problems with a number of different Anti-Virus

products. Anti-Virus is essential in todays world.

• Accepted Answer

Wednesday, June 14 2017, 03:42 AM - #Permalink

I had the same error with XE5 and the testversion of RX-Berlin.

We using Bitdefender as Network Antivirus.

I found out, when i turned of  "Advanced Thread Control" in the Bitdefender GravityZone Malware Protection, every thing works normal.

No ilink LME288 error anymore.

The "Advanced Thread Control" must turned off complete.  Setting it to the tolerant level (lowest level) didn't help.

Hope that may help someone.

• Accepted Answer

Saturday, June 03 2017, 06:58 AM - #Permalink

I had to disable scanning of :-  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\*" by Avast

• Accepted Answer

Wednesday, May 31 2017, 12:43 AM - #Permalink

Same problem with XE6 and 10.2 if I run TrendMicro antivirus. If I disable real time protection, all works well (the error persists also if I exclude project path from direcotory exclusion of the antivirus interface)

• Accepted Answer

Monday, May 08 2017, 02:23 PM - #Permalink

I have had the same problem today and managed to cure it.

This is with a small project (less than a half the size of my main project):-

[ilink32 Warning] Warning: Q:/Dev/Visit/Win32/Debug/Visit.ils: 0x0003b000 / 0x08000000

[ilink32 Warning] Warning: unknown heap name   : 0x08000000 / 0x08000000

[ilink32 Warning] Warning: Error detected (LME200)

I am running Avast AV. I have found that if I disable scanning of:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\*

in the Behaviour Shield of Avast I was abler to successfully compile. I hope this works for some others.

• Accepted Answer

Friday, April 28 2017, 04:27 AM - #Permalink

The error occurred again a few days back and rendered my development environment completely broken. After trying several solutions, I have found that this worked:

[VisualStudioPrompt]editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE [PathToIlink32]ilink32.exe

Even on a tiny project, bds.exe is consuming 915MB, and the linker used 920MB. Since ilink appears to runs as a child process, the pair are consuming very close to the 2GB limit.

Interestingly, the BCDEdit /IncreaseUserVA solution had no effect.

• Accepted Answer

Tuesday, April 11 2017, 01:07 PM - #Permalink

A workaround that I am testing:

If reboot does not work: Reboot and when desktop shows, directly start a large program (e.g. Embarcadero RAD) before other programs have started.

This may sound strange, but this worked a couple of time for me so far. I will test this somewhat more, before I know this can be seen as a reasonable workaround that works often or not.

• Accepted Answer

Tuesday, April 11 2017, 12:59 PM - #Permalink

I added a simple console file to the RSO-17698 support ticket at quality.embarcadero.com.

This project caused an error. I doubt you will find a clue in the project; sometimes a project is working fine, but one day later (after reboot) it stopped working. But please have a look to it.

• Accepted Answer

Monday, April 10 2017, 03:37 PM - #Permalink

I started getting this error today for the first time. All projects failed to link including tiny ones with less than 10 source files.

My development environment is VirtualBox on Ubuntu 16.10 running Windows 7-64 guest and XE 10.2 Tokyo.

The only thing I had done was upgrade earlier in the day to VirtualBox 5.1.18.

When I reverted to 5.1.16, the problem went away!

Maybe the changelogs for 5.1.18 can point someone in the right direction?

• Accepted Answer

Monday, April 10 2017, 12:36 PM - #Permalink

Hi - we're tracking these errors down.

Please contact support, and if possible attach a linkset (the set of files to be linked, plus the linker command line.) Thankyou!

• Accepted Answer

Sunday, April 09 2017, 11:19 PM - #Permalink

@Robert Jan
    I understand. In your case the error message is same, but different issue. Please try to contact Embarcadero support first.
    You could try to reinstall the IDE. 

• Accepted Answer

Sunday, April 09 2017, 09:20 AM - #Permalink

@Eniz:

The bug is not releated to the project. Once it occurs, you can start a new project (e.g. console) and the same error occurs. So no use in project relating files it seems. Someimes rebooting helps, sometimes the bug is gone for 1 or 2 days, then it comes back again.

I deleted temporary files of windows and project: no change.

I could not find editbin on Visal Studio 2017, but found a link to the processed files. Did not work either.

• Accepted Answer

Saturday, April 08 2017, 12:20 AM - #Permalink

It is a known bug. We had a such problems sometimes. try to clean all temporary files in your current project, copy your configurations ,create a new project and copy your files to the new project. Sometimes this helps. Also clear your linker files.

http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=134775 Try this also if the previous not working.

• Accepted Answer

Thursday, March 30 2017, 04:12 PM - #Permalink

Reported + uploaded example project.

• Accepted Answer

Wednesday, March 29 2017, 08:06 PM - #Permalink

If you please

I would like you to attach a simple project with phenomena.

And, please report it to the following URL.

https://quality.embarcadero.com

Your Reply

Please login to post a reply