ER/Studio Data Architect: Can not upload Diagram to Repository

0

Hi Experts,

I apologize if this may be a simple or dumb question, I am new to Data Architect.
I have created a new Diagram, based on one of our DBs, and want to upload the Diagram to our Repository.
When I attempt to do this, I receive:

The Navigational Id, 28, could not be found in the SRTF Section, DDENTITYSECTION, in the request container.

I have not added any Data Dictionary items, beyond what is automatically created when we first create a Diagram.
If I create an new blank Diagram for testing, I do not receive this error.

Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks!
-Kevin

Update: I found a workaround. I was able to upload a blank Diagram. Check that out and merge with our DB schema. Then check that back in without any issue. If anyone does know what causes the issue above, and possibly how to fix it, that would be great!

Responses (5)
  • Accepted Answer

    Thursday, June 22 2017, 08:48 AM - #Permalink
    0

    Chinna, please provide more details to our Support team (www.embarcadero.com/support) with details on product version, etc., so that our team can try to replicate the issue, then it can be further investigated as a possible bug.

     

    In the future, please submit ER/Studio forum questions to:

    http://community.idera.com/database-tools/databasedevelopment/database-administration/data-modeling--architecture/f

     

    Thanks!

    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Wednesday, June 21 2017, 05:43 PM - #Permalink
    0

    Hi Kevin, 

    I am also facing the same issue. Did anyone find a solution?

    Hi AnilTX,

    I tried changing the name, still it doesnt work.

    Error message - "The Navigational Id, 702, could not be found in the SRTF Section, DDENTITYSECTION, in the request container.

    00:00:13.572  - Total time for the whole process."

    Any help would be highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Chinna

     

     

    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Tuesday, June 13 2017, 02:36 PM - #Permalink
    0

    I checked with our product manager and architect, and they believe there may be some corruption involved. If you can provide more details to our Support team (www.embarcadero.com/support) with details on product version, etc., so that our team can try to replicate the issue, then it can be further investigated as a possible bug.

     

    In the future, please submit ER/Studio forum questions to:

    http://community.idera.com/database-tools/databasedevelopment/database-administration/data-modeling--architecture/f

    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Monday, May 15 2017, 09:10 PM - #Permalink
    0

    I also had this exact problem with a diagram I reverse-engineered from an existing database and the OP's workaround worked for me (though it wasn't perfect as it messed up all my carefully placed relationship lines!).

    @AnilTX - in my case the diagram was the first and only entry, so unfortunately a non-unique Diagram name appears not to be the issue...

     

    Regards

    Darryl

    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Thursday, April 20 2017, 01:43 PM - #Permalink
    0

    Hi, Please ensure that the Diagram name is unique when trying to save to the Repository for the first time.

    This should fix the issue.

     

    In the future please post your questions on our forum at http://community.idera.com

     

    Thanks

    Anil

     

    The reply is currently minimized Show
Your Reply

Please login to post a reply