Building an Interactive, Location-aware Android App
In this workshop we will start right at the very beginning – a windows operating system and RAD Studio XE8! We will configure our Android USB driver so that we can get started with development. Our project is called CheckMeIn and it is an App that allows its users to capture their location settings and share it with others. It might sound like a simple App but with features like:
• REST endpoints that are served up through Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS)
• Notification via Google Cloud Messaging
• Accessing Android contacts with native API calls
• Interactive mapping and location-based services
• Getting app statistics with AppAnalytics
Our end product will be a highly functional app developed especially for Android.
There are no specific Android pre-requisites needed to attend this workshop but your understanding of Object-oriented programming techniques will certainly serve as a good baseline to get the most out of this workshop.
This is a FREE workshop so register now and reserve your seat!