Cool App Winner for November: InfoTrain

I’m always pleasantly surprised by the variety of projects people come up with using Embarcadero…

Holiday Delphi To-Dos

After another year of record CodeRage participation, I’ve been talking to other developers about what…

RAD Android is Our Cool App Winner for October

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, and survived the Black Friday/Cyber Monday marketing deluge.…

CodeRage XII

Catch the CodeRage Replays! We have saved all the sessions for you. This year included…

Featured Articles

Featured Blogs

Farewell Paweł Głowacki
As I am sure many of you have heard by now, Paweł Głowacki, our Technical Lead for Developer Tools in EMEA passed away. You may know him online from all his training, blogging, webinars and his recently published book. He spent over 7 years working as a senior consultant and trainer for Delphi within Borland Education Services and CodeGear. In addition to working with Embarcadero customers ac...
Merry Christmas from Embarcadero Technologies
Merry Christmas from Embarcadero Technologies
I wanted to create a holiday card for all of you, and I decided to create it in code was the best way. I used Sketch App to design the card and then converted it to Delphi code with Petra. You can download the code Gist. It is a FireMonkey TControl that you can either install into your IDE or instantiate in code. You can instantiate it in one line of code in your Show event handler: procedure T...
BeaconFence: Included with RAD Server Single Site License in 10.2.2 Enterprise and Architect Editions
New in 10.2.2 for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio Enterprise and Architect editions is the inclusion of a RAD Server Single Site/Single Server deployment license. Also covered by the included single site RAD Server license is BeaconFence deployment for a single location with unlimited users and no square footage limitation. BeaconFence is available through GetIt in RAD Studio 10.2.2 (Tools >...
DataSet Mapping to JSON for JavaScript client support in RAD Studio 10.2.2
RAD Studio has offered support for JSON in different ways and for a long time. From the JSON system unit (originally part of the DBX space) to the old DataSnap table mapping (also via DBX) and to FireDAC tables to JSON mapping, there are many ways to interact with JSON data structures. However, until the most recent release, we lacked a way to map a dataset to a custom JSON structure -- the FireDA...

Latest Articles

Written by Jim McKeeth on Tuesday, 21 November 2017
server-maintenance-and-future-enhancements

Please note that our online Docwiki, Embarcadero Forums, EDN Member Services and some of our support systems are currently not accessible. These systems were taken down for maintenance over the weekend when we identified some additional issues that we are resolving promptly. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and hope to have these systems back online soon.We wanted...

Read more...
Written by Marco Cantu, RAD PM on Friday, 3 November 2017
hotfix-1-for-interbase-2017-update-1

Applies to ProductInterBase 13.1.0.264 (InterBase 2017 Update 1) which was available for download between dates September 19th 2017 and October 23rd 2017.SummaryThe reason for this hotfix is a crash bug with no workaround in InterBase 2017 Update 1 (13.1.0.264). A description of the resolved defects in this hotfix has been added to the Udpate 1 release page at: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/InterBase/2017/en/InterBase_2017_Update_1_Readme#Resolved_DefectsRecommended ActionIf...

Read more...
Written by Jim McKeeth on Monday, 30 October 2017
advanced-etl-processor-named-embarcadero-july-cool-app-winner

Somehow I forgot to post that the winner ofour Cool App contest for July 2017was Advanced ETL Processor Enterprise. The extract, transform and load software helps large organizations build data warehouses and automate complicated business processes with ease. Here is an excerpt from our press release about the Advanced ETL Processor Enterprise. It is a great tool, go check it...

Read more...

Latest Blogs

10.2 Release 2 Welcome Pageのホットフィックス[JAPAN]
RAD Studio 10.2 Release 2では「今後開催されるイベント」や「Youtubeビデオ」および「サンプルアプリケーション」などの新しい機能をウェルカムページに追加しました。 IDE内の別タブにドキュメントを移動。(IDEの英語版の場合、タブのドキュメントページには表示エラーがあり約100ピクセル幅表示でした。)   いくつか報告が上がっております、RSP-19521、および重複した問題RSP-19693、RSP-19634およびRSP-19546 ウェルカムページレイアウトの追加内容 「お気に入りのプロジェクト」と「最近使用したファイル」は、個々のスクロールバーを持つ代わりに、完全なコンテンツを表示するようになりました。ウェルカム画面の中央パネル全体に1つのスクロールバーがあり、使用すると「サンプルアプリケーション」がオフスクリーンに移動され、多く...
Experimenting with Neural Networks – Part 8

Best viewed full screen (recorded 1080p)

10.2.2 Welcome Page and Documentation Hotfix
In RAD Studio 10.2.2, we updated the Welcome page with new functionality: upcoming events, a Youtube feed from our channel, and sample applications.  We also elevated documentation to its own tab inside the IDE.  Unfortunately, for English versions of the IDE only, the Documentation page in the tab had a display error causing it to be only about 100 pixels wide. We have a hotfix for thi...
Join us for a LIVE Video Episode of the Podcast at Delphi.org
Tomorrow will be a live episode of the Podcast at Delphi.org You can join us live on YouTube with your questions and comments, or catch the replay posted here. Stay tuned tomorrow for details on how to join. Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:00 am PST UTC-8 hours 12:00 noon CST UTC-6 hours 01:00 pm EST UTC-5 hours 07:00 pm CET UTC+1 hour 18:00:00 GMT UTC This is our first time wit...